The anti seize compound is one of the largely used forms of lubricant. However, these days apart from the industrial machinery and equipment, many home appliances and the general works also prefer them as alternates. Therefore, there are varied varieties of compounds available in the market, suitable for different purposes. While purchasing, different factors considered are:
- Viscosity: As they are applied on varied surfaces, the roughness and the surface texture demand the thickness in variation.
- Strength: The anti-seize have a range from low to high strength. When they are used for gasket installations or at joints, the strength is taken to account.
- Bonding: The lubricating elements can be any ranging from copper, graphite or aluminium. According to the surface to be applied on the perfect compound is chosen.
- Reactivity: Some of the metallic compounds react to oxidise the surface, eroding and chipping them. Instead, the neutral ones are better to use.
- Durability: One of the major challenges, while these compounds are used at high temperatures and corrosive areas, is to withstand the surrounding conditions. The lubricant itself shouldn’t act along with the other elements disrupting the processes. Fortunately, suitably chosen anti-seize doesn’t react with the surface and the parts.
The choice of the product heavily depends on several factors apart from the machine surface itself. Surroundings and working environment are also taken to account.